Kim Kardashian's baby is Kris Humphries, Calif. law says
LOS ANGELES -- Kanye West is not the father of Kim Kardashian's baby, at least not according to the state of California.Thanks to a bizarre law, the state officially considers NBA star Kris Humphries as the father since the former couple is still legally married.
Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011 after 72 days of marriage, but her split to Humphries isn't official yet.
Under California's Family Code, a man is presumed to be the natural father of a child if he is or has been married to the mother and the baby is born during marriage or within 300 days of it ending.
Kanye West announced Kardashian's pregnancy earlier this week during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The rapper asked concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom."
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...