Kim Kardashian's baby is Kris Humphries, Calif. law says
LOS ANGELES -- Kanye West is not the father of Kim Kardashian's baby, at least not according to the state of California.Thanks to a bizarre law, the state officially considers NBA star Kris Humphries as the father since the former couple is still legally married.
Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011 after 72 days of marriage, but her split to Humphries isn't official yet.
Under California's Family Code, a man is presumed to be the natural father of a child if he is or has been married to the mother and the baby is born during marriage or within 300 days of it ending.
Kanye West announced Kardashian's pregnancy earlier this week during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The rapper asked concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom."
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 27 min ago
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 56 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 55 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 59 min ago
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Settlement reached after lottery winner's...
39 min ago