Kim Kardashian's baby is Kris Humphries, Calif. law says
LOS ANGELES -- Kanye West is not the father of Kim Kardashian's baby, at least not according to the state of California.Thanks to a bizarre law, the state officially considers NBA star Kris Humphries as the father since the former couple is still legally married.
Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011 after 72 days of marriage, but her split to Humphries isn't official yet.
Under California's Family Code, a man is presumed to be the natural father of a child if he is or has been married to the mother and the baby is born during marriage or within 300 days of it ending.
Kanye West announced Kardashian's pregnancy earlier this week during a concert in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The rapper asked concertgoers to congratulate his "baby mom."
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 17 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife 43 min ago
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 6 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos