Lady Gaga asks judge to throw out discussion in plagarism lawsuit
January 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Lady Gaga wants a judge to toss parts of a courtroom discussion about whether she and Jennifer Lopez plagiarized music from a Chicago-based singer.
Musician Rebecca Francescatti claims Lady Gaga stole elements of her 1999 song "Juda" for Gaga's hit "Judas."
The lawsuit also claimed Francescatti's music sample was used in the Lopez's song, "Invading My Mind".
There was a hearing on the issue in Chicago in December 2012.
Gaga's lawyers have filed a motion saying that the public discussion involved confidential matters that both parties agreed to keep private.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake