Lady Gaga asks judge to throw out discussion in plagarism lawsuit
January 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Lady Gaga wants a judge to toss parts of a courtroom discussion about whether she and Jennifer Lopez plagiarized music from a Chicago-based singer.
Musician Rebecca Francescatti claims Lady Gaga stole elements of her 1999 song "Juda" for Gaga's hit "Judas."
The lawsuit also claimed Francescatti's music sample was used in the Lopez's song, "Invading My Mind".
There was a hearing on the issue in Chicago in December 2012.
Gaga's lawyers have filed a motion saying that the public discussion involved confidential matters that both parties agreed to keep private.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 1 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 38 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 30 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
1 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos