Lady Gaga asks judge to throw out discussion in plagarism lawsuit
January 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Lady Gaga wants a judge to toss parts of a courtroom discussion about whether she and Jennifer Lopez plagiarized music from a Chicago-based singer.
Musician Rebecca Francescatti claims Lady Gaga stole elements of her 1999 song "Juda" for Gaga's hit "Judas."
The lawsuit also claimed Francescatti's music sample was used in the Lopez's song, "Invading My Mind".
There was a hearing on the issue in Chicago in December 2012.
Gaga's lawyers have filed a motion saying that the public discussion involved confidential matters that both parties agreed to keep private.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos