Kristen Wiig on board for 'Anchorman 2'
February 5, 2013 (WLS) -- ''Saturday Night Live'' alum actress Kristen Wiig is officially on board for the making of ''Anchorman 2.''
Director and co-screenwriter Adam McKay made the announcement on his Facebook and Twitter.
Wiig joins Will Ferrell, who's returning as the unintentionally hilarious newsman Ron Burgundy for the follow-up to 2004's hit comedy.
Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carrell are already slated to star in the anticipated sequel.
"Anchorman: The Legend Continues" is slated to open December 20.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin