Kristen Wiig on board for 'Anchorman 2'
February 5, 2013 (WLS) -- ''Saturday Night Live'' alum actress Kristen Wiig is officially on board for the making of ''Anchorman 2.''
Director and co-screenwriter Adam McKay made the announcement on his Facebook and Twitter.
Wiig joins Will Ferrell, who's returning as the unintentionally hilarious newsman Ron Burgundy for the follow-up to 2004's hit comedy.
Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carrell are already slated to star in the anticipated sequel.
"Anchorman: The Legend Continues" is slated to open December 20.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 47 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 37 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 25 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
47 min ago