Katy Perry talks fun., Miranda Lambert on Grammys dress code
February 11, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) -- What a night it was for music. All of the industry's biggest stars stepped out in hollywood for the Grammy Awards 2013 Sunday night.
Pictures from the Grammys 2013
Grammys 2013: Frank Ocean, Mumford and Sons, fun. Grammy winners
Rihanna, Ziggy Marley, Bruno Mars, Sting sing Bob Marley tribute
Carrie Underwood Grammys dress used as projector
And there was no shortage of incredible performances. It was Justin Timberlake in black and white, and stepping out for a supper-club serving of his new "Suit & Tie," with Jay-Z in support; super siren Rihanna could-you-be-lovin' on the late Bob Marley with get-up, stand-up work from son Ziggy Marley, Sting and Bruno Mars; and a strutting Taylor Swift "Alice in Wonderland"-style, kicking serious looking glass.
A soaring, stunning Alicia Keys, banged the drums and checking out Adam Levine's mad skills, all while that keep-it-covered dress code memo was on many minds, inside and elsewhere.
"I mean, I'm country. I wasn't really gonna have my butt cheeks hanging out, anyway," Miranda Lambert said.
"As you can see, I read the memo," Jennifer Lopez said.
Readin', writin' and rockin' out: all well-rewarded at Sunday's Grammys, on a night without an overwhelming winner, but lots of smiling faces - like, for best new artist.
"I was never even nominated in this category, and I have my own eyelash line," Katy Perry said.
Best New Artist winner, fun., also took home Song of the Year for "We Are Young."
"If this is in HD, everyone can see our faces and we are not very young," said Nate Ruess from fun.
Mumford & Sons earned Album of the Year while Record of the Year went to Goyte for his ubiquitous "Somebody That I Used to Know" from the rarely seen Prince. And in the ongoing saga of Chris Brown versus Frank Ocean, Ocean took home the Urban Contemporary Album Grammy with The Breezy One opting to sit out Ocean's standing O. Well, not everyone can be a winner at the Grammys.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 4 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 32 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
32 min ago