Ted Nugent 'naked' without gun at SOTU
February 13, 2013 (WASHINGTON) -- There was one other unofficial Republican response to the president's State of the Union from a man who sometimes shoots from the lip.
Gun-loving rocker Ted Nugent was fired up for President Obama's State of the Union address. He attended as a guest of conservative Texas Congressman Steve Stockman and is expected to hold a news conference afterward.
"Freedom and independence, rugged individualism and leave us alone," Nugent told CNN. "I'm so sweet, I can hardly stand myself. You know, I didn't invent precious, but I've got it perfected.
Nugent said he felt awkward not being able to carry a weapon into the building.
"I'm butt naked. I've never been so naked in all my life. If something happens, you're gonna have to call somebody else because I can't do squat to help you right now. I don't even have a pocket knife on me. Can you feel the pain? I did retain my flashlight though. I said, 'Can I bring a flashlight with me?' This is so weird. This is so un-American," Nugent said.
Nugent carries weapons with him at all times. He joked to the New York Times that he would be "at least 20 pounds lighter" at the State of the Union. Nugent has been outspoken about his opposition to President Barack Obama's policies. He was interviewed by the U.S. Secret Service after he said he would be "dead or in jail" if Obama was re-elected.
Nugent, Styx and REO Speedwagon are planning to return to what Styx guitarist James Young calls "the juggernaut of megatainment." They will do the Midwest Rock 'n Roll Express tour for a second year beginning April 18 in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Nugent says his shows are "an indescribable celebration" and "Styx and REO deserve me."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...