North Side company making the Oscar statues
The Oscars are in just a week and a half and stars and fans are anxious to see who'll win the ultimate movie honor.
The statues for the upcoming ceremony are currently in Chicago.
All the statues are made at R.S. Owens on Chicago's North Side.
The company has been making the Oscars for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for decades.
R.S. Owens was recently sold to a Canadian firm but the Oscars and Emmys statues will still be made only in Chicago.
The very same process continues to be used every year. Oscar got a facelift of sorts 12 years ago when the molds had to be updated.
entertainment, janet davies
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 44 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash 28 min ago
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77