North Side company making the Oscar statues
The Oscars are in just a week and a half and stars and fans are anxious to see who'll win the ultimate movie honor.
The statues for the upcoming ceremony are currently in Chicago.
All the statues are made at R.S. Owens on Chicago's North Side.
The company has been making the Oscars for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for decades.
R.S. Owens was recently sold to a Canadian firm but the Oscars and Emmys statues will still be made only in Chicago.
The very same process continues to be used every year. Oscar got a facelift of sorts 12 years ago when the molds had to be updated.
entertainment, janet davies
- Spring-like day followed by snow 6 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 12 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute