Morrissey cancels on Kimmel because of 'Duck Dynasty'
February 26, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- The TV series ''Duck Dynasty'' is coming between Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel. The singer and animal rights activist says he canceled his appearance Tuesday on ABC's ''Jimmy Kimmel Live'' because ''Duck Dynasty'' cast members will be on the talk show.
Morrissey says he can't perform on a show with what he called people who "amount to animal serial killers."
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" reality show follows a Louisiana family with a business selling duck calls and decoys.
A&E did not immediately respond to requests for comment from it and the Robertson family.
A person familiar with the Kimmel show's plans confirmed that Morrissey was to appear. The person lacked authority to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The person says Morrissey's performance will be rescheduled.
ABC says the Churchill band will perform Tuesday on Kimmel's show but declined comment on the switch.
Morrissey was treated at a suburban Detroit hospital for a bleeding ulcer last month, according to a spokesperson, forcing him to cancel a Chicago show. The diagnosis forced the former Smiths lead singer to postpone shows in Flint, Minneapolis and last Saturday at the Chicago Theatre.
His Chicago show in October was postponed because of a family medical emergency.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 39 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant