Halle Berry visits Chicago for 'The Call' screening
February 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oscar winning actress and former Chicago resident Halle Berry is in town Thursday to promote her new movie "The Call" and greet some lucky fans on the red carpet.
The thriller stars Berry as a 911 dispatcher who has to relive a terrifying ordeal in her past to save the life of a young girl.
Berry and her costar Morris Chesnut walked the ShowPlace ICON Theater Thursday evening.
Berry did a lot of modeling in Chicago, studied at Second City and fueled her ambitions, she said at the event.
entertainment, janet davies
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 1 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
32 min ago