Halle Berry visits Chicago for 'The Call' screening
February 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oscar winning actress and former Chicago resident Halle Berry is in town Thursday to promote her new movie "The Call" and greet some lucky fans on the red carpet.
The thriller stars Berry as a 911 dispatcher who has to relive a terrifying ordeal in her past to save the life of a young girl.
Berry and her costar Morris Chesnut walked the ShowPlace ICON Theater Thursday evening.
Berry did a lot of modeling in Chicago, studied at Second City and fueled her ambitions, she said at the event.
entertainment, janet davies
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 16 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game