Jimmy Kimmel rumored to host 2014 Oscars
March 1, 2013 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Now that the Oscars are done for another year, there are already rumors that next year's host could be Jimmy Kimmel.
A source told the New York Post that Kimmel is a favorite since he is chummy with many celebrities.
Hollywood insiders are saying that Kimmel is a logical choice since his late night talk show is already part of the Oscars telecast.
Jimmy Kimmel has his own post-Oscars show, which is typically booked with big Hollywood stars.
Kimmel has experience hosting big-time award shows. He hosted the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, which aired last September, his first time hosting that event.
This year's host, Seth McFarlane, will not be returning as the host of the Oscars. McFarlane was asked on Twitter whether he would host the show again. He replied, "No way!"
Some critics slammed the 2013 telecast because McFarlane delivered risqué jokes about female nudity and zingers about gays and Jews.
McFarlane's appeal among young people did help give the Oscars a bump in the ratings. It had the largest audience in three years.
''Jimmy Kimmel Live!'' airs at 10:35 p.m. weeknights on ABC 7.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting' 30 min ago
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog 42 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
40 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos