Toby Keith bassist dies in Oklahoma car crash
March 1, 2013 (SLAUGHTERVILLE, Okla.) (WLS) -- Authorities say the bassist for country music star Toby Keith has been killed in a two-car crash in Oklahoma.
The Cleveland County Sheriff's Office says 54-year-old Carl "Chuck" Goff Jr. was killed in the crash Wednesday night in rural Cleveland County, about 35 miles south of Oklahoma City.
Keith said in a statement that he's "deeply saddened" by Goff's death. Keith says Goff was a close friend for more than 25 years, serving as band leader and bass player.
Goff shared writing credits on "Upstairs Downtown" and "You Ain't Much Fun" on Keith's 1994 album "Boomtown."
The two-vehicle crash remains under investigation. Authorities say the driver of the second vehicle wasn't seriously injured.
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Orb trainer McGaughey fights nerves at Preakness 1 min ago
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin