Roland Martin CNN days numbered, Twitter account indicates
March 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Roland Martin has all but outright announced on his Twitter account that he's leaving CNN when his contract is up in April.
His verified account, @rolandsmartin, tweeted, "I will continue my daily segment to the 8 million listeners on @TJMShow; will continue @TVOneTV #WashingtonWatch; and my syndicated column."
Martin contributes to the Tom Joyner Morning Show on radio, and to TV One with a "Washington Watch" segment. He assured followers his "voice won't be silenced." "I'm getting a kick out of folks who think I'm retreating to a monastery when my @cnn deal expires," he tweeted.
In a retweet, Martin indicates he broke the story to Politico. The anchor and reporter retweeted several supportive tweets from followers, including former CNN colleague T.J. Holmes..
"Congrats @rolandsmartin on a great run at #CNN! Amazing what u've been able 2 do & build. Thx 4 being a great friend, counselor, & advocate," he tweeted.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD