Barbara Walters retiring next year, source says
March 28, 2013 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Barbara Walters could be retiring next year, ending a television career that made her a trailblazer in news and daytime TV.
The New York Times reports that Walters is thinking about stepping down in May 2014.
The 83-year-old star of "The View" has been dealing with recent health problems. She suffered a concussion at the last presidential inauguration that turned into a case of the chicken pox.
Walters also underwent a successful heart bypass operation in 2010.
ABC has no comment on the report.
Walters was the first woman to anchor a network evening newscast and is known for her celebrity interviews.
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 3 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home