Barbara Walters retiring next year, source says
March 28, 2013 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Barbara Walters could be retiring next year, ending a television career that made her a trailblazer in news and daytime TV.
The New York Times reports that Walters is thinking about stepping down in May 2014.
The 83-year-old star of "The View" has been dealing with recent health problems. She suffered a concussion at the last presidential inauguration that turned into a case of the chicken pox.
Walters also underwent a successful heart bypass operation in 2010.
ABC has no comment on the report.
Walters was the first woman to anchor a network evening newscast and is known for her celebrity interviews.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 41 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 9 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation