Jennifer Hudson stars in latest film by Columbia College alumni
March 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks star in the upcoming movie from two filmmakers who got their start at Columbia College.
The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete features music from Alicia Keys.
Columbia alumni George Tillman and Bob Teitel say, in Hollywood, you can always tell a Chicagoan because they work so hard and are so proud of being from Chicago. That's why they give the city a starring role any time they can.
Last week, Teitel had a party at his Los Angeles home for Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, with guests including Jim Belushi, Joe Mantegna and Jeff Garlin. The governor is a big supporter of incentives to bring film production to Illinois.
entertainment, janet davies
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago