Carrie Ann Inaba in tears, Aly Raisman ahead of Zendaya Coleman on DWTS
April 9, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Week 4 of ''Dancing With The Stars'' saw the highest score of the season.
We also saw some big improvements, plus illness and injury.
With the best score of the season, triple 9s, gymnast Aly Raisman jumped to the top of the judges' leaderboard, performing a contemporary dance.
"For me, I don't feel like I could have done the dance any better. I don't feel like I could have been any more, like, into it, so that makes me happy," she said.
Raisman is now one point ahead of Zendaya Coleman and her partner.
"I am enjoying myself doing something different, and I get to do it with one of the best dancers ever," Zendaya said.
Also tied for second: A giddy Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough. Jacoby Jones impressed the judges by showing another side. It got him triple eights and fourth place.
"He is incredibly deep, incredibly talented, and I think we just started to uncover all that depth," said dance partner Karina Smirnoff.
In fifth, Ingo Rademacher scored his personal best - 23 for his Viennese waltz.
"I think we did a really nice job and, you know, I really felt the dance. It was an emotional thing," he said.
With 21, D.L. Hughley upped his best game by five points, tying for 6th.
"It was a ying and yang. And it just felt good. It felt natural from the time I heard the song to the time I saw the choreography. I got the choreography in a couple of hours, first time I ever done that," he said.
Andy Dick also scored triple sevens. The emotional dance for his daughter brought judge Carrie Ann Inaba to tears.
"I think it's honestly, she saw Sndy for the first time lay his soul bare, just pure truth, no character," said Dick's dance partner Sharna Burgess.
Sean Lowe's Viennese waltz got him eighth place. And his partner's wow move of the night got her bloodied, blistered and bruised.
"She did an amazing job choreographing the routine and I just kind of fumbled and stumbled along the way," said Lowe.
Lisa Vanderpump battled illness. She fainted during rehearsal. But she still danced, tying for last with triple sixes. Also at the bottom was Victor Ortiz.
"But, you know, I tried to deliver it with 100 percent," he said.
Andrea Boccelli performs a duet with Jennifer Lopez during Tuesday night's results. But before the end of the evening, one more couple goes home.
entertainment, george pennacchio
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 3 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 44 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 48 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos