Ryan Seacrest 'SWATted' at Beverly Hills home
April 11, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Ryan Seacrest has become the latest celebrity targeted by a ''SWATter.''
Police say a hoax 911 call reported armed men were shooting their way into the "American Idol" host's home on Wednesday.
Beverly Hills police say when they arrived they found Seacrest there, but no group of armed men.
After speaking with Seacrest and his security team, the officers left.
Seacrest joins a growing list of celebs "SWATted" in recent months, including Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and the Kardashians.
These prank calls earned the nickname "SWATting" because law enforcement agencies sometimes would send SWAT teams to respond to the false emergencies.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 10 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
51 min ago