Ryan Seacrest 'SWATted' at Beverly Hills home
April 11, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Ryan Seacrest has become the latest celebrity targeted by a ''SWATter.''
Police say a hoax 911 call reported armed men were shooting their way into the "American Idol" host's home on Wednesday.
Beverly Hills police say when they arrived they found Seacrest there, but no group of armed men.
After speaking with Seacrest and his security team, the officers left.
Seacrest joins a growing list of celebs "SWATted" in recent months, including Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and the Kardashians.
These prank calls earned the nickname "SWATting" because law enforcement agencies sometimes would send SWAT teams to respond to the false emergencies.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become core class under new CPS plan 12 min ago
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial draws Obama to South Africa 27 min ago
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- 7 in :77