Oscar producers Craig Zadan, Neil Meron to return in 2014
LOS ANGELES -- It's a return engagement for the producers of the Oscars. The Academy announced that this year's producers are coming back in 2014.
Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said they are honored to come back.
The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences president Hawk Koch said in a news release on Tuesday that the two producers have "the overwhelming support of the Academy's Governors" to produce the Oscars again.
The Academy said it was important to give them the green light now to begin creating another great evening March 2, 2014.
The duo's Oscar show featured "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane as host. It drew 40.3 million viewers - Oscar's largest audience since 2010, including more coveted younger viewers.
There's no word on whether MacFarlane will return for another go, but Zadan and Meron will bring back the Oscar Experience College Search, which allows young filmmakers to help bring the Oscar statuettes on and off stage during the show.
Zadan and Meron have served as executive producers for the 2002 Best Picture award winner "Chicago," which won Oscars in 6 of the 13 categories in which it was nominated. They also worked on "Footloose" (2011), "Hairspray" and "The Bucket List." Zadan also produced the original "Footloose."
Between the two of them, Zadan and Meron have 73 Emmy nominations, 12 Tony nominations and seven Grammy nominations.
movie news, celebrity, award shows, academy awards, entertainment
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas