Kylie Bisutti, ex-Victoria's Secret Angel, releases book
April 26, 2013 (WLS) -- The Victoria's Secret Angel who gave up a multi-million dollar modeling career to focus on her faith.
PHOTOS: Kylie Bisutti Victoria's Secret Model Days
Last year, Kylie Bisutti was wrestling with the conflict between her beliefs and her career -- now she has completely walked away from the runway -- and reveals all about the decision in a new book.
Kylie Bisutti was living out her childhood dream when at the age of 19 she was selected out of 10,000 other gorgeous women to become a Victoria's Secret Angel!
But three years later, she revealed to George Stephanopoulos that she was retiring her angel wings so she could be a better Christian.
"I'm definitely gonna pursue modeling. I just want to be more wholesome about it, and the jobs that I choose are always gonna be honoring the Lord," Bisutti said.
But now in a revealing new interview with the New York Post, Bisutti explains why she decided to turn her back on the catwalk for good
"I was being paid to strip down and pose provocatively to titillate men," she says "It wasn't about modeling clothes anymore; I felt like a piece of meat."
The former model says that she was hit on by photographers and male models constantly.
"Once, a photographer actually pushed me up against the wall and tried to kiss me," she said.
"Religion is something that doesn't come up at shoots," said Cynthia Bailey, model and CEO of Bailey Agency School of Fashion. "A photographer can very well be attracted to a model... and sometimes it can lead into other things."
In the interview, Bisutti says that when it came to Victoria's Secret, she and other models were encouraged to play down relationships unless they were married to celebrities.
"I was supposed to be flirting with everyone all the time," she said.
Victoria's Secret wouldn't comment on that allegation.
"That's just a part of the Victoria's Secret brand; you're selling the fantasy. That's what the customers interested in, and that's what the public's interested in," Bailey said.
Now the 23-year-old Bisutti lives in Montana with her husband and says life beyond the limelight is sweet. And in her new book "I'm No Angel, " says she wants women around the world to know beauty is not what you look like but what's in your heart.
"Turns out God had a plan all along. I've never been more content," Bisutti said.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake