Jessica Alba double corset secret to losing baby weight
April 26, 2013 -- Jessica Alba is looking incredible after giving birth twice, and now she's revealing her trick to losing that baby weight in a new, tell-all interview.
She's routinely seen rocking the red carpet and making a splash with her enviable physique. And now, Jessica Alba - actress, author, entrepreneur and mother of two - is revealing how she got her beach body back after giving birth to her two children.
In a new interview with netaporter.com, Alba reveals her secret.
"I wore a double corset day and night for three months. It was sweaty, but worth it," she said.
"The concept behind abdominal binders, very common after surgery and after delivery of baby to help support abdominal muscles... helps posture and helps reduce feeling of bloating, said Dr. Ashton, ABC News senior medical contributor.
But wearing these corsets can be anything but comfortable. The "Sin City" actress says her experience "was brutal," adding that "it's not for everyone."
"Imagine taking a big breath and never fully exhaling and that's basically the feeling the person has for hours," Dr. Ashton said.
And Alba isn't alone - old fashioned girdles have gone glam. Stars like Gywneth Paltrow, Jennifer Garner and Kourtney Kardashian have been rumored to sport the tight fitting tops after delivery.
"It supports that baggy baby skin, it helps you with water retention, and it just makes you feel like you have some support around your belly, 'cause everything's changing, everything's stretched out," said Brooke Burke-Charvet, celebrity and mom of four.
Burke-Charvet even created her own version - called The Tauts.
"Since beginning of time woman have been dealing with weight they have during pregnancy," said Dr. Ashton. "At the end of the day, there's no magic bullet;. it takes time, exercise and a huge genetic component."
But that isn't stopping moms fron trying just about anything to get their pre-baby body back. Mom Ann Pendergist used a girdle-like device called The Cinch.
"Within a month, you know, you're back in your pre-pregnancy jeans, and you didn't have to do anything," she said.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos