Lounge singerJimmy Damon dies on 75th birthday
April 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A beloved mainstay of Chicago's cabaret music scene has passed away.
Jimmy Damon, known as Chicago's quintessential lounge singer, passed away late Saturday after battling a rare heart disease. It was also Damen's 75th birthday.
Born in Memphis, Damon moved to Chicago in the mid-1960's and set out on his musical career. His style reportedly influenced Bill Murray's popular lounge singing character "Nick," first on stage at second city and later on Saturday Night Live.
Damon had been battling a rare heart disease.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates