Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
May 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It's almost time for the kick off of the free summer movie series in Millennium Park with a new and improved screen.
Twelve films will be featured throughout the season, starting with the Oscar winning hit Chicago. Dreamgirls and Moulin Rouge are also on the bill.
The films will be shown on a state-of-the-art giant, LED screen.
Moviegoers can sit in seats or have a picnic on the lawn at Pritzker Pavillion.
The program begins Tuesday, June 18, which would have been film critic Roger Ebert's 71st birthday. Ebert often opened Chicago's free movie season at the park.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 4 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River mouth 31 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party