Forest Whitaker in Chicago for 'The Butler' screening
July 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oscar-winning actor Forest Whitaker was in Chicago Tuesday night for an advance screening of his latest movie, which also features Oprah Winfrey.
He stars in The Butler, a film based on the real life story of Eugene Allen who served at the White House under eight U.S. presidents. Oprah Winfrey is a co-star.
At the screening, ABC7'S Janet Davies asked Whitaker what the role meant to him.
"This is a gift from the universe to me. Any actor would want to play I think a character with the kind of depth and range," said Whitaker.
Whitaker described Winfrey's performance as "amazing."
The Butler opens August 16.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 44 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 12 min ago