Raven-Symone comes out as lesbian in tweet applauding gay marriage
August 3, 2013 -- Raven-Symone seems to have answered long-standing questions about her sexuality.
The 27-year-old actress sent a tweet Friday praising advances in gay rights and celebrating the fact that she could "finally get married."
Symone later issued a statement through her agent clarifying that she has no immediate plans to get married, but she says it's great to know she can if she chooses.
Symone is well-known for her long-running show "That's So Raven" and for her childhood role on the Cosby show as "Olivia."
Symone's agent said her statements were prompted by her support of Minnesota and Rhode Island joining the list of states permitting legalized gay marriage.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs 6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 11 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract 6 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary