Raven-Symone comes out as lesbian in tweet applauding gay marriage
August 3, 2013 -- Raven-Symone seems to have answered long-standing questions about her sexuality.
The 27-year-old actress sent a tweet Friday praising advances in gay rights and celebrating the fact that she could "finally get married."
Symone later issued a statement through her agent clarifying that she has no immediate plans to get married, but she says it's great to know she can if she chooses.
Symone is well-known for her long-running show "That's So Raven" and for her childhood role on the Cosby show as "Olivia."
Symone's agent said her statements were prompted by her support of Minnesota and Rhode Island joining the list of states permitting legalized gay marriage.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 26 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 14 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
44 min ago