Weekender Report by Roz Varon
March 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- St. Patrick's Day celebrations are everywhere this weekend! From parades to performances, Eyewitness News Reporter Roz Varon has it all, in today's weekender report.
Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade - Columbus & Balbo
One of the largest St. Patrick's Day parades in the country kicks off at noon on Saturday! The downtown Chicago St. Patrick's Day parade steps off at Columbus and Balbo, heading north to Monroe. Among the bagpipes and Irish dancers, be sure to watch for the ABC7 Eyewitness News float!
Dyeing of the Chicago River - Michigan & Wacker
If you come downtown early, you can watch the traditional dyeing of the Chicago River! At 9:30 crews will pour 45 pounds of eco-friendly vegetable dye into the Chicago River at Michigan and Wacker to give it that emerald green glow!
South Side Irish Parade - Western Ave. from 103rd to 115th
Two more parades will be wearin' the green in Chicago. The South Side Irish parade begins at Noon on Sunday, along Western Avenue from 103rd to 115th. This is a family-friendly event, with a zero-tolerance policy for open alcohol along the parade route.
Northwest Side Irish Parade - 6634 W. Raven St.
The Northwest Side Irish parade also steps off at noon on Sunday on Raven Street, near Nagle, ending at Northwest Highway and Harlem.
Gaelic Storm - House of Blues
For Irish entertainment, Gaelic Storm will be performing their signature blend of indie-folk and Celtic tradition at the House of Blues.
Right in the middle of all the St. Patty's Day celebrations, there another big event opening on Saturday here at Navy Pier-- the annual Chicago Flower & Garden Show!
Chicago Flower & Garden Show - Navy Pier
You'll see beautiful, colorful flowers, cutting edge garden designs and plenty of demonstrations. The Flower and Garden Show runs through March 23.
Painted On Water - Old Town School of Folk Music
And on the world music beat, painted on water kick off their North American tour Saturday night with two shows at the Old Town School of Folk Music.
entertainment, roz varon
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...