Weekender Report by Roz Varon
April 12, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It finally feels like spring! With all the fun, seasonal events outdoor events going on over the next couple days, eyewitness news reporter Roz Varon says, there's no reason to be stuck indoors, in this week's Weekender Report.
You can get an early start on Easter fun at Soldier Field's spring egg-stravaganza on Saturday! Beginning at 10 am they'll roll out the largest candy grab in the city, right on the field! They'll have face painting, balloon artists and more! Admission is free!
Chicago Park District Easter Egg Hunts
The Chicago Park District has many other Easter egg hunts and photos with the Easter bunny at various locations on Saturday.
Easter Bunny Pictures at Navy Pier You can swing into spring at Navy Pier! Now through next Sunday you can take pictures with the Easter bunny, meet and greet animals from Brookfield Zoo, PAWS Chicago and the Anticruelty Society, if the weather's good, you can take a ride on the wave swinger for just a dollar.
It's everything you wanted to know about reptiles and amphibians in one very large place! Reptilefest features over 200 species of snakes, tortoises, frogs, many of them hands on, Saturday and Sunday University of Illinois P.E. Building on Roosevelt Road.
Get your coffee fix and everything java at Coffeecon! The Consumer Coffee Festival features classes in coffee brewing, home roasting demos and lots of samples on Saturday from 9 to 5 at Zhou B. Art Center on West 35th Street.
Sing to Live, Best of Broadway
On the music beat, the sing to live community chorus wraps up its season with the best of Broadway, Saturday night in Glenveiw, and Sunday afternoon in Oak Park. This special chorus is made up of breast cancer survivors, and those who have been touched by breast cancer. Admission for survivors is free.
entertainment, roz varon
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout