Otis Redding trolley 'Dreams' hits streets of Macon, Georgia
September 11, 2013 (MACON, Georgia) (WLS) -- Otis Redding's ''(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay'' is probably the musician's best known song, but people in his hometown of Macon, Georgia are fond of another tune, ''Dreams to Remember.''
The city named a trolley car "Dreams" after the song. Redding's widow, Zelma, who co-wrote the song, attended the dedication outside the Otis Redding Foundation.
The event was held on Monday, which would have been Redding's 72nd birthday. Redding's children were also there, according to macon.com.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 28 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos