Otis Redding trolley 'Dreams' hits streets of Macon, Georgia
September 11, 2013 (MACON, Georgia) (WLS) -- Otis Redding's ''(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay'' is probably the musician's best known song, but people in his hometown of Macon, Georgia are fond of another tune, ''Dreams to Remember.''
The city named a trolley car "Dreams" after the song. Redding's widow, Zelma, who co-wrote the song, attended the dedication outside the Otis Redding Foundation.
The event was held on Monday, which would have been Redding's 72nd birthday. Redding's children were also there, according to macon.com.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 49 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 29 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos