Otis Redding trolley 'Dreams' hits streets of Macon, Georgia
September 11, 2013 (MACON, Georgia) (WLS) -- Otis Redding's ''(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay'' is probably the musician's best known song, but people in his hometown of Macon, Georgia are fond of another tune, ''Dreams to Remember.''
The city named a trolley car "Dreams" after the song. Redding's widow, Zelma, who co-wrote the song, attended the dedication outside the Otis Redding Foundation.
The event was held on Monday, which would have been Redding's 72nd birthday. Redding's children were also there, according to macon.com.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 14 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago