They're nuts: First Blago, now Rodman
September 17, 2013 (WLS) -- First, it was disgraced Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Now, former Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman is hocking ... nuts.
The irreverent Rodman appears in a new commercial pushing pistachios. Rodman appears to be trading on his relatively new friendship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. In the ad, Rodman is seen sitting next to a lookalike of the dictator. Rodman then declares "the secret to world peace is pistachios." The North Korean imitator then pushes a red button and appears to blow Rodman into oblivion.
Rodman has made two trips to the secretive communist nation as a guest of Kim Jong Un. Earlier this month, Rodman returned from North Korea and told a British newspaper he had held Kim's daughter and met his wife.
In 2010, ousted Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich appeared in a similarly silly ad for pistachios. He wore a black suit and neon green tie while opening a briefcase filled with pistachios before looking into the camera and declaring: "The contents in the suitcase are like the accusations against me. They're nuts."
entertainment, ben bradley
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 4 min ago
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 33 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 16 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 55 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 46 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos