They're nuts: First Blago, now Rodman
September 17, 2013 (WLS) -- First, it was disgraced Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Now, former Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman is hocking ... nuts.
The irreverent Rodman appears in a new commercial pushing pistachios. Rodman appears to be trading on his relatively new friendship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. In the ad, Rodman is seen sitting next to a lookalike of the dictator. Rodman then declares "the secret to world peace is pistachios." The North Korean imitator then pushes a red button and appears to blow Rodman into oblivion.
Rodman has made two trips to the secretive communist nation as a guest of Kim Jong Un. Earlier this month, Rodman returned from North Korea and told a British newspaper he had held Kim's daughter and met his wife.
In 2010, ousted Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich appeared in a similarly silly ad for pistachios. He wore a black suit and neon green tie while opening a briefcase filled with pistachios before looking into the camera and declaring: "The contents in the suitcase are like the accusations against me. They're nuts."
entertainment, ben bradley
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 18 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM 53 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 55 min ago
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes 1 min ago
- Attempted child abduction reported on West Side
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 33 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- La Porte County burglary ring busted
57 min ago
- Missing woman's body found near Libertyville
43 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters,...
19 min ago