They're nuts: First Blago, now Rodman
September 17, 2013 (WLS) -- First, it was disgraced Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Now, former Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman is hocking ... nuts.
The irreverent Rodman appears in a new commercial pushing pistachios. Rodman appears to be trading on his relatively new friendship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. In the ad, Rodman is seen sitting next to a lookalike of the dictator. Rodman then declares "the secret to world peace is pistachios." The North Korean imitator then pushes a red button and appears to blow Rodman into oblivion.
Rodman has made two trips to the secretive communist nation as a guest of Kim Jong Un. Earlier this month, Rodman returned from North Korea and told a British newspaper he had held Kim's daughter and met his wife.
In 2010, ousted Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich appeared in a similarly silly ad for pistachios. He wore a black suit and neon green tie while opening a briefcase filled with pistachios before looking into the camera and declaring: "The contents in the suitcase are like the accusations against me. They're nuts."
entertainment, ben bradley
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 6 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 15 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 9 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
10 min ago