Oprah Winfrey auction raises $600K for South Africa school
November 4, 2013 (SANTA BARBARA, Calif.) (WLS) -- Oprah Winfrey's auction raised $600,000 for her school for girls in South Africa.
Winfrey auctioned pieces from her personal collection of art and furnishings over the weekend At the Santa Barbara Polo And Racquet Club. Big crowds turned out for the auction and to see the media mogul.
An original movie poster from "The Color Purple" signed by Oprah sold for $4,100.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 19 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 29 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos