'Anchorman 2' re-release features 763 new jokes
February 22, 2014 (NEW YORK) -- With nearly every joke substituted for a new one, "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" will return to movie theaters for one week.
Paramount Pictures announced Friday that an R-rated version of "Anchorman 2" with 763 new jokes will play in the U.S. and Britain beginning Feb. 28.
Director Adam McKay improvises heavily while making a film, and found he could swap out practically every joke in the film for an alternative. In a statement, McKay recommended die-hard "Anchorman" fans see the new version, but "if you're not, stay very far away."
Starring Will Ferrell as TV news anchor Ron Burgundy, "Anchorman 2" has made about $170 million worldwide since opening in December.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 24 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All