Acupuncture might relieve headache pain
March 2, 2006 (WLS) -- People who deal with migraines might find relief in a drug-free alternative treatment.
Acupuncture apparently works just as well as standard drugs. German researchers compared the effects of real and fake acupuncture with drug treatment for migraine and found all equally effective.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve nausea, stress, arthritis pain in the knee and pelvic pain during pregnancy.
Scientists say they need to do more research to find out the biological effects behind acupuncture.
- Undefeated NIU Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27 15 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting 21 min ago
- Chinese-American Service League kicks off 35th anniversary
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Bitter cold expected to last through the...
4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open,...
5 min ago
- The Ditka you didn't know
13 min ago