Acupuncture might relieve headache pain
March 2, 2006 (WLS) -- People who deal with migraines might find relief in a drug-free alternative treatment.
Acupuncture apparently works just as well as standard drugs. German researchers compared the effects of real and fake acupuncture with drug treatment for migraine and found all equally effective.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve nausea, stress, arthritis pain in the knee and pelvic pain during pregnancy.
Scientists say they need to do more research to find out the biological effects behind acupuncture.
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos