Acupuncture might relieve headache pain
March 2, 2006 (WLS) -- People who deal with migraines might find relief in a drug-free alternative treatment.
Acupuncture apparently works just as well as standard drugs. German researchers compared the effects of real and fake acupuncture with drug treatment for migraine and found all equally effective.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve nausea, stress, arthritis pain in the knee and pelvic pain during pregnancy.
Scientists say they need to do more research to find out the biological effects behind acupuncture.
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos