Acupuncture might relieve headache pain
March 2, 2006 (WLS) -- People who deal with migraines might find relief in a drug-free alternative treatment.
Acupuncture apparently works just as well as standard drugs. German researchers compared the effects of real and fake acupuncture with drug treatment for migraine and found all equally effective.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve nausea, stress, arthritis pain in the knee and pelvic pain during pregnancy.
Scientists say they need to do more research to find out the biological effects behind acupuncture.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
50 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
45 min ago