Acupuncture might relieve headache pain
March 2, 2006 (WLS) -- People who deal with migraines might find relief in a drug-free alternative treatment.
Acupuncture apparently works just as well as standard drugs. German researchers compared the effects of real and fake acupuncture with drug treatment for migraine and found all equally effective.
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve nausea, stress, arthritis pain in the knee and pelvic pain during pregnancy.
Scientists say they need to do more research to find out the biological effects behind acupuncture.
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout