Too much exercise can cause problems for some women
June 21, 2010 (WLS) -- Too much exercise and too little nutrition can lead to osteoporosis and fertility issues in women, according to physicians at Loyola University Health System.
They say, as women increasingly compete in marathons and triathlons, inexperienced female endurance athletes can damage their health. They add, many women who participate in these events are inexperienced athletes who do not properly care for their bodies while training. That can lead to irreversible damage to their health.
But, they add, harm suffered is reversible if caught early and caloric intake or exercise levels are corrected.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 45 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 16 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 36 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
45 min ago