Too much exercise can cause problems for some women
June 21, 2010 (WLS) -- Too much exercise and too little nutrition can lead to osteoporosis and fertility issues in women, according to physicians at Loyola University Health System.
They say, as women increasingly compete in marathons and triathlons, inexperienced female endurance athletes can damage their health. They add, many women who participate in these events are inexperienced athletes who do not properly care for their bodies while training. That can lead to irreversible damage to their health.
But, they add, harm suffered is reversible if caught early and caloric intake or exercise levels are corrected.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path 32 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 8 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 3 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 1 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014 42 min ago
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
6 min ago
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos