Too much exercise can cause problems for some women
June 21, 2010 (WLS) -- Too much exercise and too little nutrition can lead to osteoporosis and fertility issues in women, according to physicians at Loyola University Health System.
They say, as women increasingly compete in marathons and triathlons, inexperienced female endurance athletes can damage their health. They add, many women who participate in these events are inexperienced athletes who do not properly care for their bodies while training. That can lead to irreversible damage to their health.
But, they add, harm suffered is reversible if caught early and caloric intake or exercise levels are corrected.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 52 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 20 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 1 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 56 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
55 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
52 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
20 min ago