Too much exercise can cause problems for some women
June 21, 2010 (WLS) -- Too much exercise and too little nutrition can lead to osteoporosis and fertility issues in women, according to physicians at Loyola University Health System.
They say, as women increasingly compete in marathons and triathlons, inexperienced female endurance athletes can damage their health. They add, many women who participate in these events are inexperienced athletes who do not properly care for their bodies while training. That can lead to irreversible damage to their health.
But, they add, harm suffered is reversible if caught early and caloric intake or exercise levels are corrected.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 1 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 58 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee 23 min ago
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor 34 min ago
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Alex Spourdalakis mom, godmother take 5th in court 18 min ago
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich.
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
1 min ago
- Special session expected to form pension...
23 min ago
- Yale Elementary students face reality of...
1 min ago