Study: Cut back on red meat to lose weight
July 22, 2010 (WLS) -- One of the secrets to losing weight may be to cut down on red meat.
That's the finding of European study that found eating red meat was linked with weight gain, even in people taking in the same number of calories.
The strongest association was found with processed meat such as sausages and ham. It suggests that high-protein diets may really not help dieter's in the long run.
The findings are published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout