Study: Cut back on red meat to lose weight
July 22, 2010 (WLS) -- One of the secrets to losing weight may be to cut down on red meat.
That's the finding of European study that found eating red meat was linked with weight gain, even in people taking in the same number of calories.
The strongest association was found with processed meat such as sausages and ham. It suggests that high-protein diets may really not help dieter's in the long run.
The findings are published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 41 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 7 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January 37 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 12 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 20 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack 9 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 58 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
12 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold...
37 min ago
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' actor Oscar Isaac
9 min ago