Study unlocks keys to weight loss
October 14, 2011 (WLS) -- We all want to know the secret to losing weight and keeping it off.
In one of the biggest studies ever, scientists at Brown University analyzed more than 10,000 success stories and cracked the code.
The subjects not only lost significant amounts of weight but kept it off for years. Scientists say they did it by counting calories and fat grams, writing down and tallying everything they ate, not skipping breakfast, eating similar foods each day and stepping on the scale at least once a week.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 18 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos