Studies: Chocolate could be good for heart
March 2, 2012 (WLS) -- A review of 42 smaller studies finds chocolate could lower blood pressure slightly and be good for your heart.
The study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition also found that participants had small improvements in blood vessel function and a dip in their insulin levels.
A number of past studies have had similar findings.
The reason is believed to be due to compounds known as flavonoids.
Researchers acknowledged some shortcomings in the study, adding that it is premature to advise people to consume chocolate for these purposes.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation