Studies: Chocolate could be good for heart
March 2, 2012 (WLS) -- A review of 42 smaller studies finds chocolate could lower blood pressure slightly and be good for your heart.
The study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition also found that participants had small improvements in blood vessel function and a dip in their insulin levels.
A number of past studies have had similar findings.
The reason is believed to be due to compounds known as flavonoids.
Researchers acknowledged some shortcomings in the study, adding that it is premature to advise people to consume chocolate for these purposes.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 28 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 12 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 31 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
4 min ago
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
28 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
12 min ago