Critics: Cell phone cancer study flawed
April 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Scientists are calling into question a study published last year which found no link between cell phone use and brain tumors in children and teens.
Last summer, the Journal of the National Cancer Institute published a study on cell phone use and risk of brain tumors in children and adolescents.
The scientists interviewed children and teens in Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, and Sweden and concluded that the data showed no link between cell phone use and brain tumors.
In a letter published Friday in the journal, the Environmental Health Trust said the interpretation of the study's results was flawed and contained several statistical errors. The group says the study actually shows that cell phone use more than doubles the risk of brain tumors in children and adolescents.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 14 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 18 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January 10 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana 33 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 31 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 1 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 31 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
22 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where...
18 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold...
10 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
1 min ago