Chin-plants on the rise for plastic surgery
Monday, April 16, 2012
April 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The hottest trend in plastic surgery is about changing the shape of the chin.A new report finds "chin-plants" are on the rise. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, chin implants are up a staggering 71 percent since last year. What's behind the rising rate? Some surgeons think it's partially driven by the quest for a more youthful appearance. But it may also have something to do with more people using video chats for work or pleasure. For the procedure, a surgeon creates a pocket in front of the chin and under the muscles. An implant made out of silicone or other matter is then inserted. Also on the rise are lip augmentations and cheek implants. But the society says breast augmentations are still one of the most common procedures and are performed on more than 300,000 Americans each year.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote 4 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 45 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting 52 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 4 schools to be saved from CPS closings vote
4 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards...
45 min ago