Germs in the Workplace: Break rooms have the most germs
May 23, 2012 (WLS) -- If you think the bathroom at work is the place with the most germs, think again. Experts say you need to look someplace else: The break room.
That's the area that tends to have high traffic and a high amount of contamination.
Kimberly-Clark, the company that makes a number of hygiene products, did a study on germs in the workplace and took 5,000 samples from various types of businesses.
The top 5 germiest spots:
- 75 percent of the sink faucet handles were filled with germs
- 48 percent of microwave door handles
- 27 percent of keyboards
- and 26 percent of refrigerator doors.
The best thing you can do to protect yourself from getting sick is wash your hands a lot before heading back to your desk.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 57 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- Blagojevich begins 3rd year in prison
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness 11 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident 4 min ago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz... 47 min ago
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción: Voces...
31 min ago
- NU women's basketball team committed to...
11 min ago