18 million US cancer survivors by 2022
June 14, 2012 (WLS) -- It's expected there will be 18 million cancer survivors in the US by 2022, according to the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute.
They say the dramatic increase will be driven in large part by a growing aging population, and combination of earlier diagnosis and better treatment of some of the most common cancers.
This report concludes that the expanding population of cancer survivors makes it increasingly important that the medical community understand their unique healthcare needs.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos