Breast implant brand ruled non-toxic, not cancer causing
June 18, 2012 (WLS) -- Controversial breast implants made by the French company PIP do not cause cancer and are not toxic.
A British department of health study released Monday morning, show that the implants are sub-standard and more likely to rupture than other implants. However, health officials say the implants pose no significant health risk.
An estimated 300,000 women in 65 countries received breast implants from that company before the implants were banned two years ago. Those implants are not approved for use in the United States.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 1 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 15 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 10 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos