Study: Gastric bypass safer than open surgery
June 21, 2012 (WLS) -- People considering weight loss surgery might want to go in the direction of a less invasive method.
Scientist's reporting in the International Journal of Eating Disorders found that almost 4 percent of women over 50 report binge eating, while nearly 8 percent report purging.
More than 70 percent diet to lose weight and 62 percent say their weight or shape adversely impacts their lives.
Scientists say society may be placing additional appearance pressures in women well into older adulthood and that it's time to erase stereotypes about who experiences eating disorders.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 36 min ago
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight 54 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos