Study: Gastric bypass safer than open surgery
June 21, 2012 (WLS) -- People considering weight loss surgery might want to go in the direction of a less invasive method.
Scientist's reporting in the International Journal of Eating Disorders found that almost 4 percent of women over 50 report binge eating, while nearly 8 percent report purging.
More than 70 percent diet to lose weight and 62 percent say their weight or shape adversely impacts their lives.
Scientists say society may be placing additional appearance pressures in women well into older adulthood and that it's time to erase stereotypes about who experiences eating disorders.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 6 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 47 min ago