BMI monitoring may be as important as blood pressure
June 25, 2012 (WLS) -- Monitoring your body mass index (BMI) may be just as important as tracking your blood pressure.
BMI signals if you're overweight, obese or just right and takes into consideration your height and weight.
Monday, a government panel renewed its call for every adult to be screened for obesity during checkups and suggested that more doctors should be routinely calculating their patients' BMI.
A normal BMI is less than 25 and obesity begins at 30.
In between is considered overweight.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 5 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 40 min ago
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
5 min ago