BMI monitoring may be as important as blood pressure
June 25, 2012 (WLS) -- Monitoring your body mass index (BMI) may be just as important as tracking your blood pressure.
BMI signals if you're overweight, obese or just right and takes into consideration your height and weight.
Monday, a government panel renewed its call for every adult to be screened for obesity during checkups and suggested that more doctors should be routinely calculating their patients' BMI.
A normal BMI is less than 25 and obesity begins at 30.
In between is considered overweight.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor