Study: Teens, kids surf web for violent content, porn
June 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- You might want to keep a closer eye on your teenagers when they are online.
A new study finds 70 percent of kids hide what they are checking out on the web from their parents.
Software maker McAfee surveyed young people about their search habits. Approximately 42 percent admitted to looking at violent content and just under a third of those surveyed surfed for pornography.
About 1 in 10 said they hacked into social networks or e-mail accounts.
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan 30 min ago
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 50 min ago
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire 22 min ago
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- Homewood bank robbers hiding in complex, police say 23 min ago
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- ABC7 To Go, December 4, 2013
25 min ago