Parenthood may reduce risk of getting sick
July 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Being a parent can be good for your health, according to researchers at Carnegie Melon University.
They say the risk of contracting a cold after being exposed to cold viruses is 50 percent less in parents than those who do not have children.
Health experts say the findings suggest when children get sick parents may develop protective antibodies against the specific virus that cause the illness.
Researchers also found parents who had three or more children were 61 percent less likely to get sick than those who had one or two children.
- CPS closings meeting under way 10 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL 28 min ago
- Kimchi- from Seoul to Chicago's bellyQ 14 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities 1 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI
- Plane with cracked windshield lands safely at Midway
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Officials: Summer construction to create about 6,500 jobs
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Extreme bridal makeover
- abcnews: Arias could be 3rd woman on Death Row 56 min ago
- 7 in :77
- CPS closings meeting under way
10 min ago