Excedrin selling for big bucks on eBay
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Six months after being pulled off store shelves, migraine sufferers are scrambling to get their hands on the popular headache drug Excedrin.
Excedrin is becoming one of the most unlikely commodities on the Internet.
The drug was recalled in January after concerns that some bottles had been contaminated with other prescription painkillers.
Now consumers who refuse to buy the generic version are buying Excedrin for hundreds of dollars on sites like eBay.
Novartis, the company that makes Excedrin, says they hope to begin limited shipments in the second half of the year.
- Boy pulled from Crystal Lake pond after 90 minutes dies 45 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 36 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 13 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos