Excedrin selling for big bucks on eBay
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Six months after being pulled off store shelves, migraine sufferers are scrambling to get their hands on the popular headache drug Excedrin.
Excedrin is becoming one of the most unlikely commodities on the Internet.
The drug was recalled in January after concerns that some bottles had been contaminated with other prescription painkillers.
Now consumers who refuse to buy the generic version are buying Excedrin for hundreds of dollars on sites like eBay.
Novartis, the company that makes Excedrin, says they hope to begin limited shipments in the second half of the year.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos