Excedrin selling for big bucks on eBay
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Six months after being pulled off store shelves, migraine sufferers are scrambling to get their hands on the popular headache drug Excedrin.
Excedrin is becoming one of the most unlikely commodities on the Internet.
The drug was recalled in January after concerns that some bottles had been contaminated with other prescription painkillers.
Now consumers who refuse to buy the generic version are buying Excedrin for hundreds of dollars on sites like eBay.
Novartis, the company that makes Excedrin, says they hope to begin limited shipments in the second half of the year.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials 39 min ago
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 14 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
58 min ago