Sitting less could lead to longer life
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- The amount of time you spend sitting could have a significant impact on your health.
Researchers at Pennington Biomedical Research center in Baton Rouge looked at five prior studies of 167,00 people in several countries.
They estimate a person could add two years to their life by reducing sitting to less than 3 hours a day.
Researchers did not prove that sitting more is the cause of earlier death, but they examined evidence that sitting appears to have detrimental effects on lifestyle.
The study appears in the British medical journal open.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood 58 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S.
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos