Sitting less could lead to longer life
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- The amount of time you spend sitting could have a significant impact on your health.
Researchers at Pennington Biomedical Research center in Baton Rouge looked at five prior studies of 167,00 people in several countries.
They estimate a person could add two years to their life by reducing sitting to less than 3 hours a day.
Researchers did not prove that sitting more is the cause of earlier death, but they examined evidence that sitting appears to have detrimental effects on lifestyle.
The study appears in the British medical journal open.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 13 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look 21 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos