Study finds natural option to treat menopause symptoms
July 11, 2012 (WLS) -- A new study finds that using a natural option for treating symptoms of menopause could be a good choice for women.
Menopausal women who lose weight eating a low-fat diet rich in fruits and vegetables could reduce or even eliminate their hot flashes and night sweats.
Scientists say the reason is quite simple.
Fat tends to retain heat and losing weight helps the body dissipate heat more easily.
The report is published in the online edition of Menopause.
It was a large study and looked at women who lost as little as 10 pounds a year.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 51 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back 1 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos