Who's smarter, men or women?
July 16, 2012 (WLS) -- Women have overtaken men in IQ tests for the first time in 100 years.
Since intelligence quotients have been recorded starting a century ago, females have routinely scored as much as five points behind men. That gap has been narrowing in recent years, and now ladies have the lead.
Researchers say one explanation may be that women's lives are more demanding as they multitask between raising a family and being employed.
Women also have a slightly higher potential intelligence than men and are only now taking full advantage of it.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 47 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 53 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake