Who's smarter, men or women?
July 16, 2012 (WLS) -- Women have overtaken men in IQ tests for the first time in 100 years.
Since intelligence quotients have been recorded starting a century ago, females have routinely scored as much as five points behind men. That gap has been narrowing in recent years, and now ladies have the lead.
Researchers say one explanation may be that women's lives are more demanding as they multitask between raising a family and being employed.
Women also have a slightly higher potential intelligence than men and are only now taking full advantage of it.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 10 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 13 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
39 min ago